When you think of Wisconsin, you think of cheese, right? That’s why Roth Cheese is a sponsor of the Wisconsin Marathon, and you can find its products on race day!
Roth Cheese specializes in Swiss-inspired alpine-style cheeses, Dutch-style Gouda, Havarti and a few of our own American Originals. In addition to selling cheese, Roth Cheese also shares recipes on its website to make with its products. With the holiday season in full swing, the Buttermilk Blue & Walnut Cheese Spread is the perfect sweet and creamy dish to bring to your party.
- 2 (8-oz) packages plain cream cheese, softened 1 1/2 cups crumbled Roth Buttermilk Blue cheese 1/3 cup minced shallot
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Extra honey and Buttermilk Blue crumbles, for topping
- 1/3 cup heavy cream or milk Crackers, for serving 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, beat together cream cheese, Buttermilk Blue, shallot, cream, walnuts and honey until incorporated. Taste the mixture, and season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Transfer spread to a serving dish, then drizzle with honey and top with Buttermilk Blue crumbles, if desired. Serve with crackers, for spreading.