There are many boxes that need to be checked before we can launch registration for our race; we work on the Wisconsin Marathon year round, with some periods obviously taking up more time than others. Before we can even think about accepting a single entry, we have to do all of the following:
- Make sure all city permits are approved (if you read our previous post, you already know what an awesome community we work with)
- Secure event insurance
- Be sure we’ve got our packet pickup locations coordinated (don’t worry – we have everyone covered here!!)
- Develop a promotional plan (decide on colors, logo, style of promo materials)
- Confirm pricing (we want to keep the event affordable without sacrificing extras that make our participants feel special)
- Update every page on the web site
- Be ready for some hiccups along the way (it’s inevitable)!
This is just a quick snapshot of some of the things that have to happen before we can welcome you. Now excuse us while we go line up the rest of our ducks so that you can have an amazing experience on May 4!